We want to reach out to each potential Cub Scout age boy and his family with a personal invitation to join a pack within our council, where they will learn positive values, new skills and have fun with friends. This site will give you the resources that you need to ensure that you can reach every potential Scout and Scouting family and help to change even more lives. YOU are the driving force that can give every youth the opportunity to Be A Scout!
Cub Scout Fall Recruiting Campaign
The council-wide fall recruiting campaign focuses on recruiting new families to the fun and adventures of Cub Scouting. Begin your planning by attending your district's fall recruiting training. Involve all your pack leaders in recruiting by inviting everyone to training! The council will provide support materials to your pack for fall recruiting.
Fall Recruiting Training
Each district will hold a Fall Recruiting Training in August. Check your district website for the date and location. At the training, packs will receive Join Cub Scouting envelopes containing: New Parent Orientation Guide, flyer, promotional cards, Cub Scout applications and a Boys' Life Mini Magazine.
Boys who join Cub Scouts will receive a gift for joining and when they attend their first pack meeting. Packs can pick these items up from their district membership chair.
Put your unit on the map
Calling all unit leaders: your unit is on the map at www.BeAScout.org with a Google pin! Update your unit information and make it EASY for new Scouting families to find you.
- Sign in to MyScouting
- Under “Unit Tools” select BeAScout
- Select “Unit Pin Management”
- Update your unit information
If you are the current unit leader and are unable to update your unit pin, please contact your district executive and ensure that you are currently registered as the Cubmaster or committee chair.
Fall Recruiting Ideas
Ideas on how to produce a successful rally:
- School visits (classrooms, lunchrooms, recess, etc.).
- Send flyers home from school to all prospective members.
- Posters in schools, businesses, community organizations, etc.
- Put Cub Scouting messages on marquees at schools, subdivisions, and businesses.
- Set up a booth at “Meet the Teacher” nights, open houses and charter partner.
- Post yard signs in every Cub Scout family’s yard.
- Public address announcement at the school on the day of the rally.
- Articles in local newspapers, subdivision newsletters, and chartered partner newsletters.
- Have Cub Scouts wear their uniform on the day of the rally.
- Plan a second event to invite prospective Cub Scouts (e.g., pack meeting invite)—use the second chance flyers.
Make your plans early to ensure that your pack has a great fall recruiting campaign – ask someone to join Cub Scouting today!
- Be A Scout website
- Be a Scout Videos
- Cub Scout Program Information
- Invitation Methods for Cub Scouting "50 Ways to Find Tomorrow's Leaders"
- Join Cub Scouting website with fun and games for the boys
- Membership Resources
- National recruitment
- National recruitment resources: Badge of Honor campaign with fliers, billboards, posters, yard signs, door hangers, bookmarks, postcards, web banners, PSAs, eblast, social media images
- New national recruitment resources: Build an Adventure campaign, with fliers, billboards, posters, yard signs, door hangers, bookmarks, postcards, web banners, PSAs, eblast, social media images
- New Unit Development
- New Unit Process
- Recruitment Ideas
- Selecting Cub Leaders
- SHAC Toolkit: SHAC calendars and resources
- SHAC District Membership Committee site
Packs are encourage to hold spring recruiting events. Invite newly recruited Scouts and Kindergarteners to attend day camp and your summer events. This is a great opportunity to get them engaged in the program. Sometimes we think we can only recruit in the Fall, but Spring is a great time to get new Tiger Cub Scouts and their families involved early.
Spring Tiger Recruiting