December 26-31, 2015
Winter Camp is a wonderful opportunity for troops to camp and Boy Scouts to earn merit badges. Merit badge classes are taught by Scouters with real-life experiences in the field. The 30th annual Winter Camp will be held at Bovay Scout Ranch. Over 50 merit badge classes are offered, including many merit badges that are not normally offered at summer camp.
Unit Leader Information
Leaders' Meeting: The Winter Camp leaders' meeting will be Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at the Cockrell Scout Center. At least one adult leader from each unit should attend this meeting.
- Winter Camp Leader's Guide (will be available in September)
- Merit Badge Schedule (will be available in October)
- Merit Badge Prerequisites (will be available in October)
- Winter camper patch (cold weather camping)
Winter Camp Apparel
We have some special Winter Camp apparel that will not available at the Winter Camp trading post. The deadline to order the new apparel is November 21st!
- Winter Camp apparel list (will be available in November)
- Winter Camp apparel order form (will be available in November)
Winter Camp registration is $270 per Scout. Units must provide one staff member for every six Scouts attending Winter Camp. The Winter Camp staff provided by the unit should register individually, and not with the unit. Every unit can register two adults at no charge; additional adults are $120 each.
Registration will open in August.
Winter Camp Staff
- Winter Camp Staff (will open in August)
- Staff Openings (will open in August)
- Staff Paperwork (will open in August)
Over 250 staff members are needed to provide the best possible program for our Scouts. Staff positions include: dining hall, trading post, commissioner, security, safety, quartermaster, program, service, business office, and merit badge counselors. Youth and adults who would like to served on Winter Camp staff should complete an online application:
Staff meeting: All Winter Camp staff should attend the staff meeting on November 4, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 pm at the Cockrell Service Center.
Staff work weekend: Staff are highly encouraged to help set up camp at the staff work weekend on December 11-13, 2015 from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm at Bovay Scout Ranch.
For Questions Contact: