The Sam Houston Area Council is looking for staff members to assist the council in a new initiative for new unit development. These employees, called "Onboarding Specialists," will guide new Scouting units (Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing) through the steps of new unit organization. Through this process, they will assist new chartering organizations in the identification of adult volunteers for new Scouting, assist the new adult volunteers with program planning, budgeting and scheduling, guide the new adult volunteers through district and BSA resources to be trained, and guide the new adult leaders through the start-up of the new unit's programming to ensure the program is launched and the new unit is chartered.
Candidates must have knowledge of the Scouting programs with an understanding of unit organization. Interested applicants should send their resumé to our Director of Membership Development, Dustin Dupuis, at email@example.com.
Entry Level District Executive
The role of the entry level district executive is to recruit, inspire, and train adult volunteers, in addition to working with community leaders and rallying support for Scouting's activities. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and possess skills in public relations, marketing, sales and management.
The basic qualifications needed to become a Scouting professional are:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Be an adult / minimum age 21
- Be people-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Able to work varied hours when necessary to achieve positive objectives
- Believe in the BSA and subscribe to its principles and standards
Application: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org