El Rancho Cima, located 15 miles west of San Marcos, TX has a variety of summer programs for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers and Sea Scouts. The camp is 2,680 acres of mountainous terrain covered by an umbrella of cedars and hardwoods. Boy Scouts can earn merit badges, learn and practice their Scouting skills, follow the patrol method and work towards advancement, while having a fun in the Texas Hill Country. Activities include swimming, climbing and even a high adventure program to challenge older Scouts. Visit our online trading post to purchase camp hats, shirts and more.
- Horseshoe Bend Summer Camp is held in the shadows of Sentinel Peak and Fortress Mountain. During summer camp, Horseshoe Bend is the hub of the western program. Activities include horseback riding, backpacking, climbing, swimming, shooting sports, boating, and much more.
- Rough Riders is a coed high adventure summer camp experience. Senior Boy Scouts (13+), Venturers and adults will experience their choice of a backpacking trek to earn the 50 Miler Award or participate in multi-day backpacking and their choice of activities at El Rancho Cima - all while learning and exercising Outdoor Ethics and Leave No Trace. Activities vary from water based, shooting sports, low and high COPE courses, zip lines, climbing tower, horseback riding, rock climbing, rappelling, and much more.
- Super Troop is an opportunity for Boy Scouts to attend an extra week of Boy Scout summer camp, or to attend camp individually if a Boy Scout can’t attend camp with his unit. Limited spots are available.
- Boots and Saddles is a specialty coed camp for Scouts, Venturers, and adults not exceeding 250 pounds. Work everyday with horses, take overnight trail rides in the backcountry of El Rancho Cima, learn how to conduct rodeo events, swim and work on requirements for the Horsemanship, Animal Science, and Veterinary Medicine Merit Badges.
- Summer Camp Staff - The council is looking for a few dedicated individuals to serve Scouting by being a staff member at one of the council's camps.
For Questions Contact: