Sam Houston Area Council has a great challenge each year to provide Scouts and Scouters who attend our camps with a great camping experience. The Sam Houston Area Council is looking for a few dedicated individuals to serve Scouting by being a staff member at one of the council's camps. The requirements are stiff; the jobs are demanding; the experience is exhilarating.
Staff members must:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Be at least 16 years of age during camp (ages 14-15 can serve as a counselor-in-training).
- Exemplify the Scout Oath and Law.
- Complete an application
2015 El Rancho Cima Summer Camp Staff Interviews
Summer camp staff interview dates have been scheduled. Applicants for Cockrell River Camp and Horseshoe Bend camp staff must complete an application prior to the interview. Applicants do not need to register for an interview.
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 at the Cockrell Scout Center from 8:30 - 11:30 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm (interviews will not be conducted during the lunch)
- Sunday March 29, 2015 at El Rancho Cima from 12:00 - 2:00 pm
- Saturday, April 25, 2015 at the Cockrell Scout Center from 8:30 - 11:30 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm (interviews will not be conducted during the lunch)
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 at Bovay Scout Ranch all day (find one of the camp directors who will be attending the OA Arrowman Bash event; the event's registration team will help).
El Rancho Cima Summer Camp Staff application
Bovay Scout Ranch Camp Staff
Bovay Scout Ranch is looking for dedicated volunteers and paid staff to serve Scouting by working at Adventure Camp weekends throughout the year and during Resident Camp in July. Contact Geno Aguilar to request a camp staff application.
Winter Camp Staff
Winter Camp volunteer staff online applications are available in early fall.
For Questions Contact