SHAC (Scouts Helping At Camp) Corps is an opportunity for troops and crews to give back to camp in the form of a day of service. The Order of the Arrow is leading this opportunity, but this service project is open to all Boy Scouts and Venturers. Campers only need to bring their personal camp gear. Camp is providing the food and a special council shoulder patch that will only be available to those who provide service. Service projects will include creating new campsites and clearing new programs areas for activities. Letters will be given to youth who need school service hours. Units or individual Arrowmen (OA members) may register for this free event.
||September 9-11, 2016
Register for SHAC Corps
The deadline for registration is the Monday prior to the event
Food count: Please revise any attendance counts before the Monday prior to the event. Food is ordered based on these numbers. Accurate attendance counts are needed for sufficient food ordering, but we do not want to waste food either.
Specialized Skills: If you have any adults with specialized skills (e.g., electrician, mechanic, plumber), please let Kaitlin know. Camp may be able to utilize these adults for special projects needed at camp.
What To Bring
- work clothes (jeans, boots)
- work gloves
- personal camping gear (tent, sleeping bag)
- sunscreen, water bottle
- personal items
- snacks (optional)
- Annual Health & Medical Form for each participant
- Friday night: check-in 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm and campsite set up.
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – service to camp; 6:00 pm – dinner, evening program, movie.
- Sunday: 9:00 am - interfaith service and check-out