Schlitterbahn Galveston Scout Day
Saturday, October 25, 2014
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND... Cub Scout Day where you can work on your Swimming advancement! It's all at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark...
All Cub Scouts receive an opportunity to participate in requirements for the Swimming Loop and Pin, with all-day park admission and a FREE Schlitterbahn Scout Day patch
A certificate indicating all requirements completed will be presented to those who complete a circuit of the required swimming activities for Cub Scout advancement in swimming. The circuit runs from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, exclusively for Cub Scouts. The park is open to the public 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Event admission is $18.00 + tax per person, all ages. SAVE $10 off the full gate price of $27.99 + tax. Guests and groups also have the option to enjoy a specially discounted catered lunch together (advance purchase required). Additional meal options and packages are available. Registration
Battle of the Piney Woods
November 1, 2014
Special offer of discounted price of $20 for Scouts to attend the Battle of the Piney Wood classic game with Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State on November 1. Scouts will be able to participate in the pre-game activities and drills on the Houston Texans field and will meet former Houston Texan JJ Moses and each Scout will receive. Boy Scouts will work on requirements for the Athletics Merit Badge , Contact Cameron Walker at 832-667-2103 or Cameron.Walker@houstontexans.com to secure your seats today!
Boy Scout Safety Merit Badge
November 15, 2014
Boy Scouts can work on the Safety Merit Badge at the Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital on July 19, September 20, and November 15 from 9 am - 12 pm. The cost is FREE. For more information, contact Cary.
Geology at Houston Gem, Jewelry, Mineral, & Fossil Show
November 8 and 9
The Houston Gem, Jewelry, Mineral & Fossil Show at Humble Civic Center (8233 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX) will host sessions to meet requirements for:
- Webelos Geologist pin
- Partial requirements for Boy Scouts Geology Merit Badge
Classes last about 2-3 hours; allow extra time for visiting the show. Program consists of eight stations, many with different options for various badge types. Instruction includes presentations, activities, and access to materials and experts at show. Saturday sessions will be every hour, from 10am-4pm, Sunday sessions will be every hour from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Admission tickets available at the door: $7 adults, $6 students with ID, children under 12 free. Scout badge program free with show admission. RSVP required- first come, first served (limited to 50 Scouts per session). RESERVATIONS TAKEN ONLY BY E-MAIL at email@example.com. Please include: Date/time, pack/troop number, the number and level of Scouts attending, contact person's name, e-mail and phone number. All reservations will be confirmed by reply email.
Houston Rockets Basketball Skills Camp and Game
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Work on your basketball skills with members of the Houston Rockets staff and attend a Houston Rockets game!!! The Houston Rockets Basketball Skills camp will be from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 6, 2014 and then attend the game that night!!! Ticket pricing for this event are $22, $29, and $44. For more information, Contact Melissa at 713-758-7231. Flyer
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes of Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos can spend the night at the museum during the Scout Adventure Night! Scouts can all have an exclusive adventure through the Museum exhibit halls, with activities and late-night flashlight super safari through our giant new paleontology hall. Also included are special programs in the Burke Baker Planetarium, where Scouts have a clear night adventure under the stars!
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on belt loops and pins during two-hour classes.
- Webelos can work on the Engineering, Forester, Geologist, Naturalist and Scientist during two-hour classes.
- Boy Scouts can attend the museum's Summer Scout Academy will offer 31 different merit badge- including 4 eagle-required badges - during week-long summer scout classes at HMNS!
The Health Museum offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Private classes can also be scheduled for groups of 10 or more Scouts on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Webelos can work on the Forester, Geologist, Traveler, Citizen, Readyman, Scientist, Fitness, and Aquanaut badges.
- Boy Scouts can work on 21 different merit badges.
The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Scouts investigate the nature sanctuary with a naturalist and learn about the fascinating ecology of the forest. All of our Scout programs are conducted by staff naturalists and use our nature sanctuary as a field laboratory for hands-on explorations!
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on some outdoor advancements during their Cub Scout Workshops.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badges
- Boy Scouts can work on the Bird Study merit badge and conduct Eagle Scout projects.
The Houston Zoo offers a spend the night at the zoo for a unique, after-hours experience which includes interactive activities, touchable animals, pizza dinner, Scout advancements on certain nights, and a continental breakfast!
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on several outdoor advancements.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badge.
Watch for additional Scout Days to be announced soon:
- Monster Jam Scout Day
- Scout Night with the Harlem Globetrotters
- Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston
- Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
For more information, contact: