Scout Night, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
Friday, July 18 at 7:30pm
Scouts and their families SAVE $7!
Scout Prices: $27, $21 & $12
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey ® Presents Built To Amaze!, the 143rd edition of the Greatest Show On Earth. Surprise and wonder delights audiences with over the top feats of strength, agility and courage. Magnificent elephants, ferocious tigers, astonishing acrobats and awe-inspiring aerialists are engineered into one spectacular performance. Come one hour early to meet our animals and performers at the All Access Pre-Show - FREE with your ticket! Each Scout will receive a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Scout Patch.
For information or to order groups of ten or more, please contact Christina at 281-367-9717 or email@example.com.
Purchase individual tickets here. Use the password BSCT. Note that service and handling fees will apply for online purchases. After purchasing online, to receive your patches call Christina at 281-367-9717 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to order is Fri, July 11.
Boy Scout Safety Merit Badge
July 19, September 20, November 15, 2014
Boy Scouts can work on the Safety Merit Badge at the Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital on July 19, September 20, and November 15 from 9 am - 12 pm. The cost is FREE. For more information, contact Cary.
Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge
July 26, 2014
Be a part of history this summer and join the 1940 Air Terminal Museum as it launches its very first Aviation Merit Badge Workshops! Located at William P. Hobby Airport, these exciting one-day programs serve as an excellent introduction for youth to aviation while helping them earn their Aviation Merit Badge*. Scouts will learn about the forces of flight, types of engines, and functions of aircraft instruments and control surfaces. Guided tours of the 1940 Air Terminal Museum and presentations by career speakers will also inform participants of commercial aviation’s rapid growth and various job opportunities available in the Houston Area. Flyer
Astros Scout Day
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners
Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX
Let's root, root, root for our home team at Astros Scout Day. The first 2000 Scouts will receive a Scout Day Patch. For groups of 20 or more or questions contact: Brent Broussard at 713-259-8316 or Broussard@astros.com. For less than 20 tickets go to: www.astros.com/scout (password: scout).
Arrive early to participate in the pregame parade and stay late for post-game “run the bases.”
- View Deck 2: $10
- View Deck I: $12
- Mezzanine: $16
- Bullpen Box: $21
- Field Box IV: $23
- Field Box I: $33
Schlitterbahn Galveston Scout Day
Saturday, October 25, 2014
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND... Cub Scout Day where you can work on your Swimming advancement! It's all at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark...
All Cub Scouts receive an opportunity to participate in requirements for the Swimming Loop and Pin, with all-day park admission and a FREE Schlitterbahn Scout Day patch
A certificate indicating all requirements completed will be presented to those who complete a circuit of the required swimming activities for Cub Scout advancement in swimming. The circuit runs from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, exclusively for Cub Scouts. The park is open to the public 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Event admission is $18.00 + tax per person, all ages. SAVE $10 off the full gate price of $27.99 + tax. Guests and groups also have the option to enjoy a specially discounted catered lunch together (advance purchase required). Additional meal options and packages are available. Registration
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes of Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos can spend the night at the museum during the Scout Adventure Night! Scouts can all have an exclusive adventure through the Museum exhibit halls, with activities and late-night flashlight super safari through our giant new paleontology hall. Also included are special programs in the Burke Baker Planetarium, where Scouts have a clear night adventure under the stars!
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on belt loops and pins during two-hour classes.
- Webelos can work on the Engineering, Forester, Geologist, Naturalist and Scientist during two-hour classes.
- Boy Scouts can attend the museum's Summer Scout Academy will offer 31 different merit badge- including 4 eagle-required badges - during week-long summer scout classes at HMNS!
The Health Museum offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Private classes can also be scheduled for groups of 10 or more Scouts on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Webelos can work on the Forester, Geologist, Traveler, Citizen, Readyman, Scientist, Fitness, and Aquanaut badges.
- Boy Scouts can work on 21 different merit badges.
The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Scouts investigate the nature sanctuary with a naturalist and learn about the fascinating ecology of the forest. All of our scout programs are conducted by staff naturalists and use our nature sanctuary as a field laboratory for hands-on explorations!
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on some outdoor advancements during their Cub Scout Workshops.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badges
- Boy Scouts can work on the Bird Study merit badge and conduct Eagle Scout projects.
The Houston Zoo offers a spend the night at the zoo for a unique, after-hours experience which includes interactive activities, touchable animals, pizza dinner, Scout advancements on certain nights, and a continental breakfast!
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on several outdoor advancements.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badge.
Watch for additional Scout Days to be announced soon:
- Monster Jam Scout Day
- Scout Night with the Harlem Globetrotters
- Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston
- Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum