Scout Night at the Circus
July 22, 2016
Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey presents Circus XTREME. It's time for your family to be amazed by all the X-TRAORDINARY things you know and love about America's favorite live family entertainment experience. Be astonished by UN-XPECTED circus spectacles you've never seen before and that can't be seen anywhere else but at The Greatest Show On Earth®. Get ready for an X-HILARATING adventure with X-TRAORDINARY circus artists and magnificent X-OTIC animals, like our big cats! It's time to awaken the spirit of Children Of All Ages and stir the imagination of your family! Come one hour early to meet our animals and performers at the all access pre-show - free with your ticket! Each Scout will receive a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Scout patch. The event is held at NRG Stadium at 7:30 pm. Scout prices are $29, $19 and $13. If you can't attend on Scout Night, the Scout discount and patch are available for all performances! Purchase tickets and use the password TXGRP. Note that service and handling fees will apply for online purchases. After purchasing online, to receive your patches call Christina at 281-367-9717 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information or to order groups of ten or more, please contact Christina at 281-367-9717 or email at email@example.com. The deadline to order tickets is Friday, July 15.
Scout Day with Astros
Sunday, July 24, 2016 vs. Angels
Sunday, August 28, 2016 vs. Rays
Join the Houston Astros celebrate Scout Day at Minute Maid Park. Arrive early to participate in a pregame parade and stay late for a post game run around the bases! Please wear your uniform. See the flyer for more information or contact Brent Broussard at (713) 259-8316 or Broussard@astros.com.
Typhoon Texas Scout Day
July 20, 2016
Typhoon Texas is a new water park opened in Katy, TX, in May 2016, and will be hosting a Scout Day. Scout Day specials start at $25 a person and include admission, meal, fun patch and private pick-nick area. For more information about Scout Day at Typhoon Texas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sugar Land Skeeters
August 5, 2016
The Sugar Land Skeeters are an American professional baseball team located in Sugar Land, Texas. The Skeeters are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, which is an independent league. Enjoy a fun and exciting opportunity with your fellow Scouts for a sleepover at Constellation Field! Enjoy a special pregame parade, post-game fireworks Texas-sized snacks, a movie on the Texas-sized video board and much more! The game begins at 7:05 pm. To purchase tickets, contact Sunny Okpon at 281.207.9120 or email@example.com.
Wet 'n Wild Scout Day
August 27, 2016
"Splash into Safety" and join Wet 'n Wild for Scout Day. A section of the park opens at 9:00 a.m. (an hour early) exclusively for Scouts to see lifeguards in action with lifesaving rescues, first aid practice and skills you can use every day. Select attractions will open at 9:30 a.m. for the Scouts and their families. The Scout Day special event ticket will also include lunch in one of the private pavilions and a souvenir patch. This special event ticket must be pre-purchased. Pre-purchased tickets are $33.99 each, plus tax. The deadline to purchase tickets is August 15, 2016. To purchase tickets, call (281) 355-3300 ext. 113 or ext. 114. For more information about Wet 'n Wild Splash Day call (281) 355-3300 ext. 103.
October 1, 2016
Scouts are invited to watch Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State at a special discount. Tickets are $20 per seat and include a commemorative event patch. Scouts can participate in a pregame football experience on the field with Houston Texans ambassador JJ Moses. Drills will include a 40-yard dash, vertical jump, pass routes and more. The event is limited to 200 participants and is being held at NRG Stadium. For more information, contact Cameron Walker at 832-667-2103.
Sea Base Galveston
Sea Scout Base is a multi-million dollar, state-of-the-art seaside facility in Galveston, Tx. Explore the diverse natural wonders of the Texas Gulf Coast marine environment. Master the maritime skills needed to navigate the open ocean. Discover the value of teamwork when working with your crew and meet old friends and new ones. Cub Scouts can attend Splash Weekends to earn requirements towards the new aquatics program and a variety of STEM / Nova classes. Boy Scouts can attend weekend adventures and summer high adventure activities. Adventures include a variety activities such as kayaking, small boat sailing, big boat sailing, beach volleyball. scuba diving, crew-to-crew competition, STEM/Nova courses and more.
National Weather Service Skywarn Classes
The National Weather Service Houston/Galveston office offers free Skywarn classroom and webinar training courses on how to spot and report severe weather. Scouters are invited to attend. Upcoming training sessions are posted here.
Bayou Land Conservancy
Bayou Land Conservancy is now offering free workshop opportunities for Scouts to help you earn advancement requirements in a unique manner while having a hands-on experience outdoors. We would like to invite Scouts to come out and enjoy the prairie while providing stewardship! Please contact Savannah Salazar at (281) 841-8582 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears can earn the Astronomy, Geology, Science, and Weather Belt Loops and Pins in 2-hour classes. Two classes can be taken in one day and entrance to the general exhibits is included. Classes are offered through the school year on Saturdays.
- Engineer, Forester, Geologist, Naturalist and Scientist activity badges can be earned by Webelos in two-hour classes on Saturdays through the school year. The Engineer, Into the Woods, Earth Rocks, Into the Wild, and Science adventure badges will be introduced in the summer and fall of 2015. Two classes can be taken in one day and entrance to the general exhibits is included.
- Boy Scouts and Webelos can attend the museum's Summer Scout Academy! A total of 28 different merit badges are offered, including four Eagle Scout required badges during summer classes. Two or three badges with similar topics are grouped together in each week-long class. Registration opens in February.
- Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos can spend the night at the museum during the Scout Adventure Night! Scouts can all have an exclusive adventure through the Museum exhibit halls, with activities and a special program in the Burke Baker Planetarium, where Scouts have a clear night adventure under the stars!
The Health Museum offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Private classes can also be scheduled for groups of 10 or more Scouts on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Webelos can work on the Forester, Geologist, Traveler, Citizen, Readyman, Scientist, Fitness, and Aquanaut badges.
- Boy Scouts can work on 21 different merit badges.
- The Gigglin' Marlin Dive & Swim (4502 Almeda Drive) are hosting swimming related courses for Scouts through the museum.
The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Scouts investigate the nature sanctuary with a naturalist and learn about the fascinating ecology of the forest. All of our Scout programs are conducted by staff naturalists and use our nature sanctuary as a field laboratory for hands-on explorations!
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on some outdoor advancements during their Cub Scout Workshops.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badges
- Boy Scouts can work on the Bird Study merit badge and conduct Eagle Scout projects.
The Houston Zoo offers a spend the night at the zoo for a unique, after-hours experience which includes interactive activities, touchable animals, pizza dinner, Scout advancements on certain nights, and a continental breakfast!
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on several outdoor advancements.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badge.
iFly Scout Programs
iFLY offers special rates and programs for Scout outings! STEM summer camp programs are available for Scout groups of 20 or more and participants will receive a special iFLY patch. All Scout programs that fly before June 30, 2016 will also receive a free video. To reserve your space or for more information, contact iFLY Houston at (281) 295-1761 or email@example.com.
For more information, contact:
Comments are hidden. If you send us a comment, please provide your contact information.