December 4, 2021 | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cockrell Scout Center
2225 N Loop W
Houston, Texas 77008
The College of Commissioner Science is a day of training for commissioners from Commissioner Basic Training through advanced learning experiences in unit service. The objectives are to help commissioners expand their skills and unit service philosophy. The goal of this experience is to promote the increased effectiveness of the individual commissioner.
This ongoing training opportunity will benefit new commissioners and experienced unit commissioners. Participants do not have to be a commissioner. Any adult leader that is interested in the numerous resources available in the Scouting movement is also invited to attend.
Class sizes are limited and are expected to fill quickly. The registration fee is $25 and includes lunch. Refund Policy.
Registration opens in October.
Schedule Course Descriptions
||Lunch Break (online socializing in breakout rooms)
Highlights for CCS 2020
• 38 courses offered
• Bachelor, Masters, Doctorate, and continuing education courses
• 50-minute classes; 10-minute breaks between and 1-hour lunch breach
• Distinguished commissioners will be recognized
• Keynote speaker will be Roger Mosby, President and CEO of BSA
Why Attend CCS 2020?
• Content – Updated, degree-track national curriculum
• Instructors – District commissioners and others with years of experience
• Confidence – Knowing you are doing your job right
Degrees and Learning Opportunities
- Associate's Degree is the beginning of the commissioner experience that includes Commissioner Basic Training.(not being offered in 2020)
- Bachelor of Commissioner Science (BCS) is an entry-level program for commissioners who have completed basic commissioner training.
- Master of Commissioner Science (MCS) focuses on advanced problem solving and administrative skill instruction.
- Doctorate of Commissioner Science (DCS) is a two-year program that challenges candidates to identify, develop, and present a project or service concept to a panel of their peers.
- Continuing Education (CED) is an opportunity to expand knowledge and increase the effectiveness of unit service.
- Degree Requirements required to earn the Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degrees.
- Transcript System contains a listing of all courses that commissioners have taken at the College of Commissioner Science. It is a useful tool to help commissioners determine courses needed for the various degrees.
How to Register
Click on the Register button
Step 1: Select Schedule for (participant)
Step 2: Choose activity (day)
Step 3: Pick a class (click “+” add)
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each day of classes
Continue steps 1, 2 and 3 for additional participants
Step 4: Click continue and the bottom of the page
Step 5: Checkout
Step 6: Payment
Classes that are full will not show up.
How to Modify a Registration
To change class selections after registering:
• Logon to www.samhoustonbsa.doubleknot.com or use the direct link in your emailed receipt.
• If you don't know your User ID and Password, select the Need help logging on? link.
• Logging in will bring you to the Summary tab showing your current registrations.
• Click on the desired action button to update the registration. Please note that some classes might be full.