May 15-16, 2021
Webelos Coyote Trail Xtreme (WCTX) is an annual event for 4th and 5th grade Webelos Scouts at Bovay Scout Ranch. During this fast-paced, event Webelos Scouts will work on advancements and be introduced to the patrol method. Webelos Scouts will learn the importance of teamwork and other skills they will need for their first camp out with a troop, such as basic knots, first aid, camping skills and more. Space is limited, so register early.
The latest state, county, and Center for Disease Control and Maintenance (CDC) requirements on the day of the event will be followed. Participants will be notified before the event of the specific requirements. All participants must follow any procedures recommended by the council's Enterprise Risk Management Committee such as completing a pre-event screening form, temperature checks, wearing a mask (unless for medical reasons), limiting group sizes that remain together during the event, frequent hand washing, and/or social distancing. See the council's COVID-19 "At-Risk" Participant Statement. Participants who are sick or displaying any COVID-19 symptoms should not attend.
Webelos Scouts and their parent(s)/guardian(s) can register. The fee for Webelos Coyote Xtreme is $65 per Webelos Scout and includes a patch, t-shirt, water bottle and program supplies. There is no program for siblings. Council refund policy.
|7:30 - 8:45 am
Participants will receive the final rotation schedule at check-in.
What to Bring
- Water bottle, canteen, or cup
- Eat a meal before arriving. Arrive hydrated.
- Meal and snacks carried in lunch bag (recommend hydrating food and avoid dehydrating foods; avoid caffeinated beverage and sugary drinks; bring nonperishable food unless stored with ice packs)
- Mask for each participant
- Scout uniform or Scout t-shirt, recommended
- Clothing appropriate for weather
- Closed-toed shoes (e.g., tennis shoes)
- Rain gear
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit
- Day pack or backpack (to carry gear)
- read the COVID-19 "At-Risk" Camp Participant Statement
- Camp chair
- Bicycle and bike helmet
- Sports drinks or flavor packets for water (to help keep Scouts hydrated)
- Insect repellent
Mark all items with name and pack number.
- Illegal drugs
- Electronics (e.g., iPod, iPad)*
- Sheath or hunting knives
- Personal firearms and ammunition
- Personal bows and arrows
- Fuel-burning hand warmers