Spring Coupon Sale Online Fundraiser
Every Scout should learn the value of hard work and earning their own way. This year, we are partnering with Entertainment® for local and national discount offers, all conveniently accessed on their mobile app, or online. The online fundraiser is designed to help Scouts earn their way to support their Scouting programs (e.g., day camp, summer camp). Units will earn a 35% commission on each online membership sold.
For only $20, customers receive a 1-year membership from the date of purchase! The membership includes thousands of dollars in savings on fine and casual dining, local attractions, travel, shopping and much more with mobile and online coupons. Customers can connect to over 500,000 opportunities to save on local and national coupons with 2-for-1 offers and up to 50% off discounts. The average user saves $240 annually. With coupon coverage across the U.S. and Canada, savings are with them wherever they go. Scouts can sell to supports across the country. Whether it's pizza or fine dining they're craving, movie tickets, a day at the zoo or planning a vacation — customers will get it for less. For a demo of how the online coupons work and what coupons are available, click here.
How To Sell
Every Scout needs to register to create an account to participate in the Spring Coupon Sale. When Scouts register, they will receive a unique URL that they can share with friends and family. Every Scout that participates will receive a 2021 SHAC Spring Coupon Sale patch. At the end of the sale, the unit will receive one check comprised of the commission from all Scouts in the unit.
Instructions Scouts Sign-up to Sell
The sale runs from January 21st through March 31st.
For Scouts who wish to go door-to-door, door hangers can be used as a contactless option. The door hangers can be printed on 8.5" x 11" paper and customized with your name, unique selling code and a QR code. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions. Make your own QR code using a free QR website like www.qrcode-monkey.com or www.the-qrcode-generator.com.
Cub Scout Door Hanger Scouts BSA Door Hanger
Door Hanger - Option 2
About Entertainment® Digital Savings Memberships®
- Customers receive a 1-year membership for just $20 from the date of purchase!
- The membership includes thousands of dollars in savings on fine and casual dining, local attractions, travel, shopping and much more!
- This unique fundraising product lets users save how and when they want with mobile and online coupons.
- Many of the discounts are right in your neighborhood, so your families can support local businesses.
- Units will earn a 35% commission on each online membership sold.
- Users save an average of $240 annually!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Raisy and why is the council going to Raisy for 2021??
- Raisy™ is the platform that allows Scouts to sell the Entertainment Digital Savings Membership (Coupons Books). The council is dedicated to helping units and Scouts earn money to enhance their program. By participating in the Raisy fundraiser your unit will not have to manage inventory, pay for a product upfront, or store any items. Scout units do not handle any funds and there is no product inventory to manage. The council wants to continue to provide a fundraising opportunity to units without asking unit volunteers to find a new fundraiser.
- What is an Entertainment Digital Savings Membership?
- Think of the Entertainment Digital Coupon as a digital Scout Fair Coupon Book, now known as the SHAC Spring Coupon Sale. It’s called a “Member” because the customer is purchasing the coupons for 12 months from the time of purchase. The coupons are valid for 12 months from the purchase date. The Membership offers access to thousands of dining, Things to do, shopping and service discounts throughout the USA and Canada. If the customer changes locations, they will have access to offers at their new location or they can manually select a new location. This makes the Entertainment Digital Savings Membership ideal for out of town friends and relatives.
- How much does a Digital Coupon Book Cost, and how long are they good for?
- 35% Unit Commission - $ 7 per sale to your Unit!
- Will there be prizes?
- Every Scout that participates will receive a 2021 SHAC Spring Coupon Sale Patch. The Sam Houston Area Council will provide recognition to the Top Selling Scouts at the end of the sale. In an effort to keep unit commission high, there will not be a prize program for the sale however we encourage units to do prizes for individual Scouts.
- How will our unit receive the commission payment?
- The Sam Houston Area Council will process and issue the commission checks in the second quarter of the year to the unit in care of the registered committee chair on file.
- Why this is a great opportunity for your unit?
- ▪ All participation is done online, Scouts can personalize their page with easy-to-use tools to share and get the word out to Friends and Family NATIONWIDE
▪ NO minimums or purchase for units
▪ NO inventory or cash collection required
▪ Fantastic opportunity for large and small units alike
▪ The council will help support your unit’s sale
- How do units know how much the Scouts have sold?
- Raisy send the council a report once a month, with the details of which Scouts from your unit have created an account, how much they have sold, how many times they have logged in and shared their link. The council will send this information by unit to unit leaders as soon as we receive it. We are currently working with the company to get it more often.
To keep up with the latest information, follow the SHAC Spring Coupon Sale Facebook page at www.facebook.com/shacfaircouponbooksales.