S.H.A.C. (Scouts Helping at Camp) Corps is an opportunity for troops and crews to give back to camp in the form of a day of service. The Order of the Arrow is leading this opportunity, but this service project is open to all troops and crews. Camp is providing a special patch that will only be available to those who provide service. Service projects could include camp maintenance, creating trails, and developing program areas. Letters will be given to youth who need school service hours.
The deadline for registration is the Monday prior to the event; there is no cost to attend. Registration is completed by the unit leader or individual Arrowmen (OA members) if their unit isn't attending.
Specialized Skills: If you have any adults with specialized skills (e.g., electrician, mechanic, plumber), please let us know when registering. Camp may be able to utilize these adults for special projects needed at camp.
What To Bring
|• copy of a current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Part A & B for all Scouting events) for every participant
• work clothes: old jeans, long sleeve shirt, boots, etc.
• work gloves
• camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, flashlight)
• mess kit (plate, fork, knife)
• water bottle
• personal hygiene items: soap, towel, shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
• hand sanitizer
• rain gear
• insect repellant
• day pack, snacks (optional)
• meals (Saturday breakfast, non-cooking lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday non-cooking breakfast)
• cooking gear
- Friday night: check-in 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm and campsite set up.
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm – service to camp; 6:00 pm – dinner, evening program, movie.
- Sunday: 9:00 am - interfaith worship service and check-out