The purpose of the Safety First Learning for Life Guidelines is to prepare adult leaders to conduct safe activities. These guidelines have been established to protect participants from potential hazards. Limitations on certain activities are best described as stepping-stones toward safe and enjoyable adventures.
Adult leaders should be aware of federal, state, or local government regulations that supersede Learning for Life guidelines. All health and safety issues contained within this publication are based on qualified supervision and discipline.
Bold type throughout Safety First Learning for Life Guidelines denotes Learning for Life policies.
Safety First Learning for Life Guidelines
The Safety First Leaning for Life Guidelines contains information about:
- Insurance Information for Learning for Life Volunteers
- Adult Leadership Requirements
- Aquatics Safety
- Safety Afloat
- Camping and Hiking (including safety and emergency preparedness)
- Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco Use and Abuse
- First Aid
- Air Guns and Firearms
- Sports and Activities (including unauthorized and restricted activities, parades, hayrides, fundraiser and climbing)
- Medical Information
- Learning for Life Youth Protection Guidelines