National Weather Service Skywarn Classes
The National Weather Service Houston/Galveston office offers free Skywarn classroom and webinar training courses on how to spot and report severe weather. Scouters are invited to attend. Upcoming training sessions are posted here.
Bayou Land Conservancy
Bayou Land Conservancy is now offering free workshop opportunities for Scouts to help you earn advancement requirements in a unique manner while having a hands-on experience outdoors. We would like to invite Scouts to come out and enjoy the prairie while providing stewardship! Please contact Savannah Salazar at (281) 841-8582 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears can work towards Adventures in two-hour classes. Up to two classes can be taken in one day and entrance to the general exhibits is included. Classes are offered throughout the school year on Saturdays.
- Adventures can be earned by Webelos in two-hour classes on Saturdays through the school year. Up to two classes can be taken in one day and entrance to the general exhibits is included. Adventures in Science, Art Explosion, Earth Rocks, Engineer, Into the Wild, Into the Woods and First Responder (limited classes).
- 13 merit badges are available for Boy Scouts at HMNS, including four Eagle Scout required badges: Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, and Communications. All classes will use the resources at the museum’s disposal to help Scouts meet requirements. For example, Citizenship in the Nation students will visit the special exhibition The Bill of Rights as part of the class, and the Astronomy class uses the state-of-the-art Burke Baker Planetarium to meet requirements.
- Tigers, Wolves, Bears, and Webelos can spend the night at the museum during the Scout Overnight! Scouts can all have an exclusive adventure through the museum exhibit halls, with activities and a special program in the Burke Baker Planetarium, where Scouts have a clear night adventure under the stars!
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com!
The Health Museum offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Private classes can also be scheduled for groups of 10 or more Scouts on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Webelos can work on the Forester, Geologist, Traveler, Citizen, Readyman, Scientist, Fitness, and Aquanaut badges.
- Boy Scouts can work on 21 different merit badges.
- The Gigglin' Marlin Dive & Swim (4502 Almeda Drive) are hosting swimming related courses for Scouts through the museum.
The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts. Scouts investigate the nature sanctuary with a naturalist and learn about the fascinating ecology of the forest. All of our Scout programs are conducted by staff naturalists and use our nature sanctuary as a field laboratory for hands-on explorations!
The Houston Zoo offers a spend the night at the zoo for a unique, after-hours experience which includes interactive activities, touchable animals, pizza dinner, Scout advancements on certain nights, and a continental breakfast!
The Armand Bayou Nature Center offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves and Bears can work on several outdoor advancements.
- Webelos can work on the Naturalist and Forester badge.
iFly Scout Programs
iFLY offers special rates and programs for Scout outings! STEM summer camp programs are available for Scout groups of 20 or more and participants will receive a special iFLY patch. All Scout programs that fly before June 30, 2016 will also receive a free video. To reserve your space or for more information, contact iFLY Houston at (281) 295-1761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
Comments are hidden. If you send us a comment, please provide your contact information.