Every unit needs to send a representative to recharter training which is offered before October and November roundtables.
Every December, all units (packs, troops, teams, crews, posts) are required to renew their affiliation with Scouting. Through the process, chartered (sponsoring) organizations, youth member and adult leader information is updated as well as registration fees and Boy's Life subscriptions are collected/paid. A representative of each unit completes the paperwork for renewing a charter online. With internet rechartering, units can indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization.
Learn more about recharter
• Unit leaders can access Internet Recharter at www.myscouting.org beginning November 1.
• Obtain your unit’s recharter packet from your Commissioner. The access code will be provided.
• Start with the unit’s current information in Scoutnet. Records can be upload information from TroopMaster or PackMaster, but this can really mess up the process if the records are not perfect, so this is not encouraged.
• The final printed roster must be signed by the chartered organization institutional head and the unit leader.
• Turn in the signed roster, payment of fees, and any new members’ applications no later than the December Roundtable. Check with your unit commissioner for details.
• Unit leaders need to plan ahead to get their recharter done early as this time of the year is typically very busy and it takes time to gather information, collect fees, ensure all registered leaders have taken Youth Protection Training (YPT), ensure that top unit leaders are trained and get appropriate signatures. new