El Rancho Cima
El Rancho Cima, located 15 miles west of San Marcos, TX has a variety of summer programs for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers and Sea Scouts. The camp is 2,680 acres of mountainous terrain covered by an umbrella of cedars and hardwoods. Boy Scouts can earn merit badges, learn and practice their Scouting skills, follow the patrol method and work towards advancement, while having a fun in the Texas Hill Country. Activities include swimming, climbing and even a high adventure program challenge older Scouts.
- Cockrell River Summer Camp is located on the banks of the Blanco River among native pecan and cypress trees. During summer camp, aquatics are the biggest draw to Cockrell River Camp, including swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, just to name a few.
- Horseshoe Bend Summer Camp is held in the shadows of Sentinel Peak and Fortress Mountain. During summer camp, Horseshoe Bend is the hub of the western program, and offers horseback riding, backpacking, climbing, swimming, and much more.
- Rough Riders is a high adventure summer camp experience. Senior Boy Scouts, Venturers and adults will experience zip lining, a horseback trek, whitewater adventure, rock climbing, rappelling and much more.
- Super Troop is an opportunity for Boy Scouts to attend an extra week of Boy Scout summer camp, or to attend camp individually if a Boy Scout can’t attend camp with his unit. Limited spots are available.
- Venturing week is a high adventure summer camp experience, focused on completing many of the hard-to-complete advancements and enjoying activities such as zip lining, horseback riding, water adventures, rock climbing, rappelling and much more. Participants can sign up individually, or with their crew or ship.