Project 200 is an incentive to start 200 new Scouting units by focusing on faith-based chartered organizations and populations or community that is currently under-served within a given service area. Council-wide, these areas of focus are the African-American, Hispanic, and Asian communities.
Background and Opportunities
· The Sam Houston Area Council is experiencing an increase in the number of Total Available Youth (TAY) eligible for the programs of Scouting within its geographical boundaries; however the number of units serving these youth is holding steady or has a slight decline in almost all areas.
· Units with faith-based chartered organization have a proven history of higher unit retention
· There are more than 5,000 potential faith-based chartered organizations within the Council that do not currently have a Scouting program.
· The Council has and can provide a list of all potential faith-based chartered organizations through market research broken out by service area.
· New Unit Organizing Kits that explain in detail off the Scouting Programs and what is need to start each one.
· Professional support from over 60 Professional Scouters and support Staff
· Leader Training through District Training Teams
· William D Boyce Awards fro New Unit Organizers
To volunteer or for more information please call or email Pam Proctor with your Name, Area of Town in which you live, and the role you’d like to get more information about at email@example.com 713-756-3331.