The “Scouting Heritage Society” has been established by the Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America to recognize those who believe in preserving the tradition and values of Scouting, as well as perpetuating its future for generations to come. The Heritage Society is a program to recognize those who include Scouting in their estate planning or make outright gifts to the endowment of the Sam Houston Area Council.
Qualify for membership in the society by sharing an intent to:
- Draft a new will, or revise an existing will to direct a percentage or a fixed amount to the endowment of the Sam Houston Area Council in the amount of $10,000 or more by completing a letter of intent. Learn more at one of the complementary seminars offered by the council endowment committee.
- Making an outright endowment gift of cash, land, insurance or stock in the amount of $10,000 or more.
- Create a planned gift (e.g., charitable remainder trust, annuity trust, life insurance policy, charitable gift annuity) that eventually directs all or a portion of the principal to the endowment of the Sam Houston Area Council in the amount of $10,000 or more.
Membership Recognition Levels
- Bronze Eagle - planned gifts or bequests of $25,000 or more
- Silver Eagle - planned gifts or bequests of $50,000 or more
- Gold Eagle - planned gifts or bequests of $100,000 or more
- Platinum Eagle - planned gifts or bequests of $500,000 or more
Join the Scouting Heritage Society today, and leave a heritage for all our grandchildren and their children, a legacy which they will be proud to point to and tell their children that it was their parents that had the foresight to leave a Society which builds a character in our youth and will always carry the message of "Honor, Friendship, and Trust."
Those contributing as described above to the endowment for the Sam Houston Area Council will be registered as lifetime members of the Sam Houston Area Council “Scouting Heritage Society" and will be recognized. We will hold an evening Wills and Trusts Seminar regarding details about having a will or trust.
The reception of the Scouting Heritage Society is held on November 6, 2014 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the residence of Board Member Dr. Meherwan P. Boyce. All members who have qualified as members of the Scouting Heritage Society will receive an invitation to attend. Become a member by completing a letter of intent form or online.
All assets received under this program are deposited in and administered under the investment fund spending policy of the Sam Houston Area Council.