Hundreds of thousands of dollars go back to the Scouting program in the Sam Houston Area Council as a result of the annual popcorn sale. 73% of all dollars collected during the sale support local Scouting. The popcorn sale is a way for a Scout to support his or her way through the various activities during the year. There are three options to sell popcorn: traditional take order sales, sell online to friends and family out of town and show-n-sell. For more information, contact your district popcorn kernel or district executive.
Sign-up for Traditional and Online Sales Sign-up for Show-n-Sale
• Increase your unit and council income – 73% stays in the local area.
• Scouts pay for their way for various Scouting programs and activities.
• Scouts learn life lessons by earning their own way. To
• There are loads of incentives to motivate Scouts: cool prizes, $600 club, $1800 club.
• Ordering has never been easier than with the Trail's End app.
• Videos and resources help Scouts learn how to be successful.
Minto Rendezvous is an annual regional event where Sea Scouts test their knowledge and skills. The competition includes over 20 events that test a ship’s teamwork, training and preparation in a variety of nautical-related events. Some events such as navigation, first aid, knot tying relays and marlin spike require study and practice. Other events like blindfold canoe race and no paddle canoe race require luck and laughter to run the course.
Ships from all across Texas and Oklahoma look forward to the fun and fellowship. The highlight of the weekend is the annual Flotsam Flotilla race of homemade vessels made from a variety of materials. The event is being held at Bovay Scout Ranch (3450 County Road 317, Navasota, TX 77868).
Learn More and Register
Districts hold a variety of activities and training events throughout the year.