El Rancho Cima is located on the Devil’s Backbone in the hill country, just 15 miles west of San Marcos, TX close to Wimberley, TX. The property was purchased in 1953, and consists of 2,680 acres of mountainous terrain covered by an umbrella of cedars and hardwoods. El Rancho Cima has a variety of unique programs and camping experiences including summer camp at Cockrell River Camp and Walter Scout Camp at Horseshoe Bend and weekend camping opportunities for Boy Scout troops and Venturing crews. Visit the online trading post to purchase camp hats, shirts and more.
For a nominal fee, troops and crews can reserve a weekend campsite and enjoy zip lining, shooting sports, horseback riding, backpacking, outdoor skills training, and general unit camping activities. Weekend camping is closed during the summer camp. El Rancho Cima is located at 5800 Ranch Road 32, Fischer, TX 78623.
Troops, teams, crews, and ships can camp at El Rancho Cima. Cub Scout camping and non-BSA camping is not offered at this camp.
- youth and adult t-shirts
- youth and adult pants
- outer wear
- active wear
- caps and more
- 14 individual campsites, shaded by 75-year old native pecan and black walnut trees
- 1.5 miles of Blanco River front perfect for swimming, canoeing, rowing, and fishing
- state-of-the-art .22 rifle
- shotgun range
- 40-foot climbing and rappelling tower
- horse rides
- rifle and shotgun ranges
- numerous hiking trails
- 12 campsites shaded by 75-year old native pecan and black walnut trees
- summer camp high adventure program
- 65-foot climbing tower with a 1,500-foot zip line
- 2,000-foot zip line over the Blanco River
- Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (COPE) including four high course elements and four low course elements
- team leadership training
- black powder rifle shooting
For Questions Contact: