December 6, 2014
The College of Commissioner Science is a day of training for commissioners from Commissioner Basic Training through advanced learning experiences in unit service. The objectives are to help commissioners expand their skills and unit service philosophy. The goal of this experience is to promote the increased effectiveness of the individual commissioner.
This ongoing training opportunity will benefit new commissioners and experienced unit commissioners. Any adult leader that is curious about the numerous resources available in the Scouting movement is also invited to attend.
Click Here to Register Online (coming soon)
- Paper registration form
- Continuing education courses 2014
- 2014 course catalog- coming soon!
Degrees and Learning Opportunities
- Associate's Degree (includes Commissioner Basic Training) — The beginning of the commissioner experience.
- Continuing Education (C.Ed) — Continues the educational, expanding knowledge to increase the effectiveness of unit service.
- Bachelor (B.C.S.) — An entry-level program for commissioners who have completed basic commissioner training.
- Master (M.C.S.) — Offers advanced problem solving and administrative skill instruction.
- Doctorate — A two year program (D.C.S.) — Challenges candidates to identify, develop, and present a project or service concept to a panel of their peers.
- Bachelor of Roundtable Service — For Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing Roundtable commissioners and their staffs to design new approaches to make Roundtables "can't miss events."
- Master of Roundtable Service — This course involves advanced practices on how the Roundtable Commissioner effectively fills his/her role.
- Doctorate of Roundtable Service — The two year doctorate program with a Roundtable emphasis.
For Information Contact