December 1, 2018 | 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cockrell Scout Center
2225 N Loop W
Houston, Texas 77008
The College of Commissioner Science is a day of training for commissioners from Commissioner Basic Training through advanced learning experiences in unit service. The objectives are to help commissioners expand their skills and unit service philosophy. The goal of this experience is to promote the increased effectiveness of the individual commissioner.
This ongoing training opportunity will benefit new commissioners and experienced unit commissioners. You do not have to be a registered commissioner to attend. Any adult leader that is interested in the numerous resources available in the Scouting movement is also invited to attend.
The registration fee is $25 and includes lunch. The deadline to register to have a print copy of your session schedule is November 28, 2018.
Registration opens in November. 2017 Course Catalog 2017 Course Descriptions
Degrees and Learning Opportunities
- Associate's Degree is the beginning of the commissioner experience that includes Commissioner Basic Training.
- Bachelor of Commissioner Science (BCS) is an entry-level program for commissioners who have completed basic commissioner training.
- Master of Commissioner Science (MCS) focuses on advanced problem solving and administrative skill instruction.
- Doctorate of Commissioner Science (DCS) is a two-year program that challenges candidates to identify, develop, and present a project or service concept to a panel of their peers.
- Continuing Education (CED) is an opportunity to expand knowledge and increase the effectiveness of unit service.