Outdoor adventure is the promise made to Scouts when they join Scouting. Scout yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.
El Rancho Cima, located 15 miles west of San Marcos, offers a variety of summer programs in the 2,680 acres of mountainous terrain covered under an umbrella of cedars and hardwoods. More
- Cockrell River Summer Camp is located on the banks of the Blanco River among native pecan and cypress trees. During summer camp, aquatics are the biggest draw to Cockrell River Camp offering swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, just to name a few.
- Horseshoe Bend Summer Camp is held in the shadows of Sentinel Peak and Fortress Mountain. During summer camp, Horseshoe Bend is the hub of the western program and offers horseback riding, backpacking, climbing, swimming, and much more.
- Rough Riders is a high adventure summer camp experience. Senior Scout, Venturers and adults will experience zip lining, a horseback trek, whitewater adventure, rock climbing, rappelling and much more.
- Super Troop is an opportunity for Boy Scouts to attend an extra week of Boy Scout summer camp or to attend camp individually if he can’t attend camp with his unit. Limited spots are available.
- Venturing Week is a high adventure summer camp experience focused on completing many of the hard-to-complete Venturing Ranger requirements and enjoying activities such as zip lining, horseback riding, water adventures, rock climbing, rappelling and much more. Participants can sign up individually or with their Crew or Ship.
Winter Camp is held each year at Camp Strake from December 26-31 and is a wonderful opportunity for Troops to camp and for Scouts to earn merit badges. Merit badge classes are taught by adult Scouters with actual real-life experiences in the field. Registration is due by October 31.
Boy Scout Troops and Venture Crews can camp at our council camps: El Rancho Cima, Camp Brosig, Bovay Scout Ranch and Camp Strake. Weekend Camping is a great opportunity for Scouts to practice their skills and have a great time in the outdoors.
For Questions Contact: