Outdoor adventure is the promise made to Scouts when they join Scouting. Scouts yearn for outdoor programs that stir their imagination and interest.
El Rancho Cima, located 15 miles west of San Marcos, offers a variety of summer programs in the 2,680 acres of mountainous terrain covered under an umbrella of cedars and hardwoods.
- Cockrell River Summer Camp is located on the banks of the Blanco River among native pecan and cypress trees. During summer camp, aquatics are the biggest draw to Cockrell River Camp offering swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing, just to name a few.
- Horseshoe Bend Summer Camp is held in the shadows of Sentinel Peak and Fortress Mountain. During summer camp, Horseshoe Bend is the hub of the western program. Activities include horseback riding, backpacking, climbing, swimming, and much more.
- Rough Riders is a high adventure summer camp experience. Senior Scout, Venturers and adults will experience zip lining, a horseback trek, whitewater adventure, rock climbing, rappelling and much more.
- Super Troop is an opportunity for Boy Scouts to attend an extra week of Boy Scout summer camp or to attend camp individually if he can’t attend camp with his unit.
- Boots and Saddles is a specialty camp. Scouts work everyday with horses, take overnight trail rides, compete in a rodeo activities, swim and work on requirements for the Horsemanship, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Merit Badges.
- Summer Camp Staff - The council is looking for a few dedicated individuals to serve Scouting by being a staff member at one of the council's camps.
Winter Camp is held each year from December 26-31 and is a wonderful opportunity for troops to camp and for Scouts to earn merit badges. Merit badge classes are taught by Scouters with real-life experiences in the field. Registration is due each year by October 31.
Troops, teams and crews can camp at council camps: El Rancho Cima, Camp Brosig, Bovay Scout Ranch and Tellepsen Scout Camp. Weekend camping is a great opportunity for Scouts to practice their skills and have a great time in the outdoors.
Boy Scout Camps in other areas
For Questions Contact: