"Get More Bang From Your Buck"*
*Regional CPE/CLE Professional Education Course
Sponsored by the Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
September 10, 2014
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Cockrell Scout Center (2225 North Loop West, Houston, Texas 77008)
All CPA’s, Attorneys, Financial Advisors & CFRE’s are invited to attend this complimentary course. You will receive credit hours: CPE 5.50 or CLE 5.50 and a certificate of completion will be issued. No pre-requisites required to complete the course and lunch will be provided. Register online by September 8, 2014. You will have the opportunity to add your name/company to the New Estate Planning Professional Directory.
- Karen Akiens**, JD, LL.M., MBA - Partner in Riddle & Akiens, LLP
Karen has practiced law for over 16 years.
- Michael C. Riddle**, JD – Managing Partner of Riddle & Akiens, LLP
Mike has practiced law for over 30 years.
- Frank D. Mullins***- Legacy Wealth Counselors
Frank delivers the Heritage Process through collaborative team efforts on behalf of his clients.
- Learn how to save estate taxes for the small business owner and continue the business for generations.
- Review how to minimize estate taxes and increase your spendable income.
- Learn about the Scouting Heritage Society of the Sam Houston Area Council.
- Hear the story of successful families that have changed their world through effective estate planning.
- Learn about the Heritage Process.
- Learn three key points from Heritage Planning: 1. The emotional inheritance must be successfully passed before the financial inheritance can be constructively received by beneficiaries. 2. Cultivating a culture of effective inter generational communication is one essential of successful multigenerational families. 3. The primary objective of financial capital is to provide for the optimization of the human and intellectual capital of the family(that does not mean the optimization of lifestyle).
9:00 am Introduction & House Keeping & Wifi
9:05 am Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts, and Crummie
9:45 am Pro/Cons of Portability, LLC, & Asset Protection
10:30 am Break
10:45 am What Matters
11:15 am Lunch
11:30 am My Family Legacy - Trent Tellepsen
11:50 pm Sam Houston Area Council Annual Video & Heritage Society
12:00 pm What Matters
12:30 pm Life insurance – Lunch Sponsor
12:50 pm Break
1:00 pm Case Introduction
1:10 pm Study groups
1:30 pm Group Case Study Presentations
2:00 pm Panel Discussion of the Case Study & Q&A
3:15 pm Evaluation & Certificates
Don't Miss This Opportunity!!!
*Continuing Professional Education Course OR Minimum Continuing Legal Education Course